Job title: Nursery Cook
Job type: Permanent
Schedule: 30 hours per week over five days
Salary: Tbc depending on experience
- Company pension
- Discounted food
- Employee discount at the farm park
- On-site parking
- Nursery closes for one week in August and one week at Christmas
Welcome to East Leake Day Nursery
East Leake Day Nursery is a popular and busy childcare setting which shares a site with Manor Farm Park & Woodlands on the borders of Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire and Derbyshire. The Nursery is open five days a week, 50 weeks of the year.
- Design, prepare, cook, and present age-appropriate food for all the children daily, with minimum wastage. To include a breakfast, hot lunch, and tea.
- Take responsibility to make sure all dietary or religious requirements are catered for and clearly communicated to the teams.
- Keep the kitchen a clean and safe environment, adhering to internal and external requirements.
- Have an active role in setting up a cookery club session with the children.
- Support with other nursery activities e.g, staff meetings and ongoing training
- Ensure stock levels are suitably managed and recorded, in line with the in-house procedure.
- Work in partnership with the nursery team, management, and parents, to encourage a healthy and nutritious diet.
- Promote and ensure child welfare, protection, health and safety and safeguarding procedures and policies are always followed.
- Work with colleagues to maintain a positive, happy, and safe environment on a day-to-day basis.
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience within a role which involves cooking in a domestic or commercial property.
- Passion for nutrition and inspiring.
- Food Safety CIEH L2 or above (or equivalent) – this must be passed on day 1 in post.
- Sound knowledge of COSHH.
- Ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of managing different dietary requirements, particularly food allergies.
- Great communication skills, with colleagues, children, and parents.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Please send a CV and brief covering email to [email protected] before Monday 31st July 2023.